11 January 2009

3 Canvas Paintings started in one day




The other day I got myself motivated and began three canvases in one day!! I have almost finished them now - so three days, for three canvases was a good achievement for me. Also, I did manage to photograph them all in step by step stages. So perhaps I will be able to add a tutorial or something soon.
It was great fun playing with them, and seeing them develop. I know I have some work to do on my faces - as they are not my forte at all. Playing and learning from my mistakes is the best way of developing myself........ so don't cringe at those mistakes because sometimes I have found my favourite works have 'evolved' from mistakes, or from something I wasn't totally happy with at first. It's as if the mistakes are meant to be there, so the evolution and new artwork can emerge!!
Here's the 3 pieces -

9 comments:

  1. This is one of my next things to try ( I have had three mini canveses sitting in a cupboard for a couple of months).
    Your art work is gorgeous Lorri. I love the bright colours and stunning backgrounds. The faces have a wonderful simplicity to them. All in all, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific!! I love the style and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful canvases Lori...love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are devinne Lori! I wanna swap canvases for sure one day! Love all three of these beauties! Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new pieces. I saw the progession on your flickr site and even the backgrounds by themselves would make great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE those!! Congrats on being so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lorri! Thanks for stopping by
    "Blog Your Art Out" and commenting about Susan's blog. You have a lovely blog and wonderful artwork too! Please be sure to stop back next week when a new art blog will be featured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean "faces are not your forte" ? what a lot of hooha!These are great. I especially like the blonde. I smell a self portrait in the making!! Speaking of smells, have you refrained from washing your clothes as the turbaned man advised??teehee. Also I saw that nice comment you left on Robins blog! Thanks my loverly art friend! Did you get the hunky elf yet????xoSusan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone, your support and encouragement is so important to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. All comments are welcomed.