26 November 2010

Fortitude

One of my Digital compositions - Prints available just ask :)

Fortitude......... I am inspired by this word, because I know I need some right now..

I haven't done any 'art' for months now, I haven't felt the motivation as my heart has been so very heavy. I guess I am scared I will just take the pen or pencil and scribble so dark and hard that I would tear my very good quality journals to pieces!!

It's one year since I lost my Mum this coming Monday............ it still hurts like it was yesterday :(
On Sunday we are taking her ashes to the deep blue ocean and scattering her, as per her wishes.
It will be sad, but I know I have to do this 'for' her.

I might paint something - with the word FORTITUDE..

Definitions of fortitude
n. - Power to resist attack; strength; firmness. 2
n. - That strength or firmness of mind which enables a person to encounter danger with coolness and courage, or to bear pain or adversity without murmuring, depression, or despondency; passive courage; resolute endurance; firmness in confronting or bearing up against danger or enduring trouble. 2

I have been reading and listening to some online counselling sessions for dealing with infidelity, and for working towards repairing the damage and heartache that it causes. One bit from a lot of advice, is to 'charge neutral' - which I now realise basically means show fortitude!! Don't get entwined in the anger and try to remain calm and composed - as this behaviour alone will scare the bejeezus out of the cheating spouse (esp if they are wanting to make amends LOL) See, I really DO need fortitude!!

I wish you my visitors, a good day, I'm going to try to make tomorrow a good day - I haven't had one in such a loooooooong time :(

xo

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping the grief lightens, and art returns to heal the wounds and fill your life with joy!

    Beautiful colors in your digital piece!
    All the best to you! Seems like it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this and often have to remind myself to breath! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. All comments are welcomed.