18 November 2008

Thailand & Malaysia





Wow,
What an awesome trip - an adventure!! In Thailand we visited some absolutely mind-blowing temples, and the history of the place was incredible. Spending was fun, we went to Chatuchak Market - not enough time in a day!! It was so big, crowded and humid - but who cares about that when shopping - right? LOL
In Malaysia, we went to the Elephant Conservation centre in Kuala Gandhar - an incredible place where they take care of the elephants - it's totally free, and you get to feed, ride and wash the elephants - bathing with them was such fun, and a true highlight of the trip. Bec and I donated some money to them, as we all thought they did an amazing job. Check out the photos - a once in a lifetime experience for me. We all loved it. I also had major anxiety as we travelled the Sky Bus - 2000 feet above sea level to what looked like a true 'fairy castle in the sky' - the drop below was terrifying for me, and my anxiety was confronted head-on...... I cried like a little girl with fear - but managed to actually DO IT..... YAY!!!!! We were among and above the clouds!! So totally majestic, a view to behold.... and of course I had to get back on to come down the mountain!!
WHEW, It was good to come home after long flight delays and no sleep for a whole night!!
I missed my art, and came home to some beautiful packages awaiting me...... Thankyou to all my art-friends, your generosity is incredible and your talent so inspiring. I hope to scan some of my goodies soon - I just have to get over the jet-lag/anxiety thing first LOL

It's been over 2 weeks since I made anything, and even with my elbow slowly recovering, I don't want to push it too much. We (Bec and I) received some gorgeous new stock for the store (Scrappindipity) and I can't wait to get stuck in and play with it all....... so watch this space.

Here's some holiday shots:

5 comments:

  1. Great photos; thanks for sharing! Sounds like you're having a great time! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like fun. When I last went to Chatuchak, I visited it for two days! And I didn't know that there is an Elephant Conservation Centre in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorri!!
    Thanks SOO much for the gorgeous magnets! I loved them! I thought they were hand made, I was wondering who's handiwork that was! They went straight on the fridge the second I walked in the door! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The anti-anxiety medicine xanax is wholly capable of facilitating your war against anxiety as it is the most widely recognized medication to treat anxiety disorders, especially generalized anxiety disorders and altogether Xanax can treat a whole lot of anxieties related to panic disorders and depression. Before you move on to administer Xanax and treat your anxiety, get hold of Xanax tidbits from the site http://www.pill-care.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. All comments are welcomed.