2 December 2008

Retro Mini-Book







I finally got some time to get a little creative again - yay.

I started this little mini book last week while at a friends house in Rockingham.

It was started by hand painting a layer of cream paint (MM) then I added a layer of gesso and smudged it around, leaving little bits of the creamier colour. Next came some more colours stamped with a foam stamp (my newest) I mixed some colours onto the stamp and randomly plonked it on the page.
Then I grabbed another stamp and did the same thing.
A chipboard bird and branches were also painted and when it was dry i glued the chipboards in place.
I then completed each page the same way with the painting, and collaged some retro pinup girl images into various pages. Some pages are left prepared to add more imagery or text as I decide later on.
This is a different colour combination for me, i usually go for the messy grungy look - and rather liked playing with something different.
There are 10 pages in total.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely!! They will make a beautiful home accent too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun - love those retro images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little book!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorri, this is the album you brought yesterday right? It's really nice... Love the colours...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. All comments are welcomed.