28 February 2009

Under The Sea - Scrappindipity Swap March 09




I'm so early for a change......
Here's a sneak peek at one of my 6 cards for this months swap.
I have completed my 'under the sea' ATCs for the Scrappindipity monthly atc swap over at flickr.

I decided to go with the vintage girls, because I love them so much. It was a little bit of a challenge for me to get them in the right positioning with the fish.

The background is completed using a faux watercolour technique that Bec developed by messing around and experimenting with inkpads. I love the watercolour blended effect.

The layers have transparancy, collage images and embellishments.

It was a fun swap, and I think I may create a couple more 'sets of six' for this swap - I'm thinking shipwrecks, treasure chests, creatures of the deep, atlantis........ such a variety of things can be done for this months theme.

If you are a member of flickr & would like to join in, please do so - (click the flickr group link above) the more the merrier. Alternatively you can visit our Scrappindipity blog click the 'swaps' link on the left side, and sign up via an email if you prefer :)

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lorri! Love the bright colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'sea' theme. this is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...it's wonderful. Love the colors, the collage and the words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. All comments are welcomed.