16 February 2010

Believe in the power of love

Click the picture to see it full size - then you can see it's grunginess, flaws and all :)

On monday evenings I get together with a couple of my girlfriends and we have an 'arty' night - we all work on our own projects at our own pace. We love it. This is the piece I created last night. I am thinking about adding a large word strip or something across the bottom of the girl.. what do you think?

I'm a big fan of grunge, and liked playing around with the background of this one. I used my trusty black pen, some rub ons, rubber stamping and lots of smeary paint.

I think it would make a nice print to be on display in the home as a gentle subliminal reminder to love yourself :)

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful art piece Lorri. I think it is perfect. Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool that you have an arty night with the girls. And I think a word strip would be perfect across the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. All comments are welcomed.